Friday, May 16, 2008

Holland Days

I decided to take Kaylee up to Lynden for the Holland Days Festival so she could connect with her Dutch roots. First we watched the kids dance the May Pole in their wooden clogs. Kaylee didn't seem too impressed...
Here they celebrate the time honored Dutch tradition of child labor: :)
Next I took Kaylee to the Lynden Pioneer Museum. She was mostly impressed with a chair and table she found in the lobby area. Her next favorite thing was going up and down the stairs. Oh well, maybe in a few more years. Then again, in her defense, it was an hour past her usual naptime.

Tulip time!!
Me and my very bad hair day...(it was raining, what can I say?)
On the way back to the car, I was able to have Kaylee keep up with me by holding a cookie just out of her reach. She never gave up trying to get that cookie though, and when we made it back to the car, she finally got it. Here she is with cookie-face!































No comments: