Monday, April 30, 2007

Outdoor Discoveries

Kaylee has been feeling better and we spent the better part of the day exploring the front yard today. I wanted to be sure to write down Kaylee's first experience with dirt. She LOVES it! I have a raised bed around one of our trees, which Kaylee walked over to. First she put one hand in... felt around, then in went the other hand. It was fun to watch her explore this new and interesting stuff called dirt.

Kaylee also got to meet a frog today. Daddy found a cute little tree frog in the grass and showed it to Kaylee. She actually touched it! I'm sure she was actually trying to grab it so she could shake it around or taste it. Fortunately the frog was able to hop away.

But Kaylee's favorite thing in the yard has become the flowers. She is really drawn to my batch of Forget-Me-Not's. They are such a vibrant blue. She loves to pick the flowers off and roll them around in her fingers. I saved a few bunches that she picked and will press them to put in her scrapbook (if I ever get around to doing that). She also likes the bright red flowers on the azaleas.

I'm always impressed with Kaylee's attention to detail and her curiosity about the most ordinary things. It helps me to notice the beauty in the everyday, ordinary moments of life.

No comments: