Saturday, April 28, 2007

Trying something new

A friend told me about this free service and I thought it might be a fun thing to try. I've never been very good at keeping a journal myself, but now that we have Kaylee I want to be sure to write down all the milestones as well as the little precious moments, so they don't get lost from memory.


Kaylee is now 8 1/2 months old. Just last week she started doing all kinds of stuff by herself. For a while now she's been finger walking and I was getting worried that she'd never learn to crawl because it's just too cumbersome and not as efficient as walking. Turns out she just needed the right motivation. Grandpa Lange came to visit last week (April 19 - 22) and he has a special ability to make babies cry. So Kaylee learned to crawl out of necessity - to get away from Grandpa! (Poor Grandpa) By the end of the visit, Grandpa was okay. He was able to charm some good smiles and giggles out of her. :)


Around the same time Kaylee also suddenly started clapping, which is just adorable. She also came up to me as I was sitting on the floor and pushed her self up to standing off of my legs! I quick had to catch her so she didn't fall over, but I was completely floored that she could do that! I'm excited about her new mobility and can't wait to watch her explore her world.


In this picture you see Kaylee exploring the grass at a nearby park. I'm so glad she wasn't afraid of grass, like so many babies are. Rather, I think the grass was afraid of her! She was fascinated by it and kept pulling and pulling at the blades.


She hasn't been in a very exploratory mood this last week however. She started getting a fever on Monday. By Thursday, she still had no other signs of what was causing this fever, so I took her to the doctor. They measured her temperature to be 104.3! The doctor suspected Roseola, but the rash never came. Finally by Friday I noticed some congestion. What an awful cold! Thankfully, neither Jeff or I have it... yet! It's been a tough week. Kaylee's been VERY clingy, rather listless, irritable, and has difficulty sleeping.


Well, I should put in some recent pictures. My Dad took some great pictures when he was here last week. We took a day trip to Deception Pass one day, and another we went to the Museum of Flight down in Seattle. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend enough time down there. But we did get to tour the original Air Force One jet and watch some documentaries - including one on the Blue Angels.



I love this picture of Kaylee sticking her tongue out at Grandpa!




















Dad serenades Kaylee with the harmonica.




Look out, Kaylee's driving!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JKK-
I do not buy into the pics of Sunny skies and NO RAIN! Every time I check the weather out your way it shows rain! Do you live in a Dome? How come there are no rain pics? You should consider moving to Minnesota where it is 70 and sunny! And TommyJ pizza close by>
Have a good week!

Timmy

Krista said...

I think they show rain so nobody knows how really nice it is! I tried to make TommyJ pizza the other day but that Jiffy crust is awful! I'll have to get your recipe.