Monday, May 7, 2007

Swing Away!

I wish I had our camera today. This morning we went to story time at the library and being such a beautiful day - sunny and a warm 65 (and NO RAIN TOM!), we went to check out a city park I haven't been to yet. I had no clue that the park was so huge. There are trails all over and a couple bridges over the creek that runs through it. There is also a free water park right next to the playground. The water wasn't running yet. I can't wait until it is and I can bring Kaylee there to sit and splash in the water.
Anyway, I thought I'd see if Kaylee would like to try the swing. Since it was about naptime and she had been kinda cranky, I was sure she'd start crying the second I tried to put her in there. But she was game. In fact, she LOVED it! She was laughing so hard I had to remind her to breathe! What fun. I wish I had the camera to take some video of her first swing ride. Next time.
It was hard to leave. I brought Kaylee home to nap, but I'm tempted to go back again to enjoy the nice day. The grass is nice and there are lots of shady places to sit and watch the big kids play...always entertaining for Kaylee.
I picked up a detailed booklet about all the city parks that includes facilities, events, trails, etc... I'm thinking of starting up a mother's group to get together once a week and go to these different places. I already get together with one mom every Friday. Maybe we can expand that and do different things like hiking, swimming, the Children's Museum, picnics, etc...
Well that's all for today. Gotta get some stuff done before Kaylee gets up again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if this works. I want to know why you didn't take me to this park. It sounds great! I am sure Kaylee misses me big time.

D/G