Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

Today I put Kaylee down for a nap in her big girl twin size daybed for the first time. I was worried about how she would do. Understandably she was pretty excited with the new blankets and pillows and being able to turn the lights on and off. It took her a long time to settle down. She was jumping and diving onto her bed and apparantly hit her head against the wall at one point. I kept checking in on her and reminding her to go to sleep. At least she stayed in bed! The time she bumped her head I told her maybe she wasn't big enough for the big girl bed and I carried her to the nursery room. She cried and cried and wanted back in her big bed. Finally (after an hour) she settled down enough to fall asleep. Lets hope she likes it enough to want to sleep in there tomorrow too! I don't want the crib to be a punishment though because likely we'll have to have her sleep in there again when we have family visiting.

Kaylee likes to count these days. She mostly counts from 6 to 10. Anyone else think thats weird? Anyone??

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Kaylee is a big time fan of bugs. Ants are her favorites, but she likes bettles, centipedes, worms, slugs, spiders, and anything else that crawls on the ground. She isn't too big a fan of moths though. Maybe because she went to touch one and it flew off and scared her in the process. There was a gorgeous snow white moth with a fuzzy head that was hanging out by our door yesterday. She didn't want me to touch it. That same moth ended up getting inside and was on our entry way mat. I let it crawl onto my finger and took it outside, all the while Kaylee was shouting "no! no! no!". I don't know how she could like bugs but be afraid of moths.

Jeff got Kaylee to sit on the toilet today. He's just got a way with her. She'd never do that for me! He showed her how to use the stool to get up on the seat and we praised and applauded her when she did it. I don't think I'm above bribery when it comes to potty training. I'm thinking of getting some dum-dum suckers as a treat for every time she sits there and tries. I had gotten a big book of stickers, but she just doesn't like stickers...they're sticky...and that really bothers her. :)

Well I suppose I had better take advantage of the quiet house and try to get a nap in too. I've got 5 more weeks to go and then I'm pretty sure naps will be a thing of the past!

No comments: