Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Zoo Time with Grandma!

Grandma arrived here last Saturday night. She plans to stay with us for three weeks to help out with Kaylee and the new baby. It is soooooooo nice having her here.

On Monday we went to the zoo across the border in BC. It was a perfect day to be there. Sunny and cool - maybe 70 degrees. We had a number of close opportunities with different animals at the zoo. At one point Grandma had to back away from a giraffe that got a little curious about her! :)



We loved this little donkey who had some flowers tucked up around his ear. He seemed to like Kaylee a lot too.
Kaylee introducing her kitty to some ducks...

I am so amazed at how quickly Kaylee took to Grandma. Kaylee's always been so shy. When we talk to Grandpa and Grandma on Skype, she would never say anything - and would barely look at them. But even on Grandma's first day with us, Kaylee was so happy to play and talk with her "Maka". (we just love the way Kaylee says "grandma" - "Maka" - it took us a while to figure out what she meant by that word). Now Kaylee wants her Maka to read her books and put her to bed every night. I will feel so much better going to the hospital knowing Kaylee is happy at home with grandma!
I have to also mention something Kaylee did today that really surprised me. Mom and I were at Target looking for a toy bus for Kaylee's birthday (she loves buses). At Target we didn't say "bus" out loud, but spelled it out instead. So Grandma said "we have to look for a b-u-s" and immediately after Kaylee says "BUS!" Who knew a two year old could spell bus! I certainly didn't teach her that.
So I am still waiting to have this baby. One more week to go. I just really hope I go early this time... I'm very ready!

No comments: