Friday, June 19, 2009

Dryer Lint

Okay, something is definitely wrong with me. I feel the need to post about dryer lint. I've been spending a lot of time preparing for at-home preschool for Kaylee so my mind is ever in the mode of crafts and experiments. I look at everything in my house in the light of "now what could we do make with that?"

So... dryer lint. Today is laundry day. I often wonder what I could do with dryer lint. I remembered that I had a recipe in my wonderful Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions for making Laundry Lint Clay. It got me wondering what else I could use it for. I suppose you could collect enough to make filling for a doll's pillow. You could leave it outside in the spring for birds to gather for their nests. I wonder if pet stores or animal shelters use it for any of their "nesting" creatures.

Maybe I could use laundry lint in place of cotton balls in making some kid art. Like glue the lint onto toilet paper tubing and make it into a sheep or something.

Got any other ideas for me??

No comments: