Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kamping

This summer I had planned to take my kids on many fun camping adventures. Well we didn't even get "summer" here in the Northwest until July while we were on our family trip down in San Diego (where it never got above 70 and rained almost every day!). So upon our return from the cool shores of California, and inbetween archery tournaments, I managed to squeeze in one camping trip with the kids.



I took them to a KOA about an hour away from our house. I chose this location because these campgrounds are very kid friendly. It was helpful to have the playground across from our campsite while I was setting up and tearing down camp, but in between it was sort of a pain.



I took a lot of pictures with my phone and now I realize they don't transfer well...at least not when you send them to hotmail. There's an option to "send to blog" and I will try that out one of these days and see what happens.



So we camped 4 nights. Thursday to Monday. It was exhausing and a lot of work, but I think a good experience for the kids and a learning lesson for me. Next time: use a SMALLER tent, or better yet, rent a cabin!



One morning I loaded the kids up and went to explore the Baker Lake area, to which I had never been. I pulled off to a boat launch area and found a nice picnic area and swiming beach. This is pretty much the only time I took out my camera, sad to say, but better than nothing!

The view from the beach.

Before they wandered into the water. I was just hoping for some rocks to throw, but the water was just too much for the kids to resist. I didn't bring swimsuits along, so we improvised. Luckily I had some extra clothes in the car.


Doesn't it look like they're sharing so well? Ah, the magic of pictures! :)

Cute.

Cute too.


Super cute. I gushed so much over this picture that it's become Kaylee's signature pose.

Hudson came up to me and said "heart, heart!" He is always finding shapes in things. I looked at the rocks he had found and sure enough, they looked like hearts. What made it so special was that once Jeff found a heart shaped rock and I took a picture of him with it.
I forgot to take a picture of our tent, but here are a few at the campsite:













No comments: