Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fish & Flowers

Yesterday I took Kaylee to the local aquarium to see the octopus and other local marine life. They have a little tank that kids can put their hands in and feel the starfish, anemones, shells, etc. Kaylee took absolutely no notice of the little critters in there, she only wanted to splash around in the water. Soon she discovered the water tasted salty and that seemed to be immensely cool, so we had to say goodbye to the fish.
Outside is a boardwalk-like complex of different offices, flower beds with Japanese maples, and plenty of benches. It seemed like a great setting for a photo shoot. If only the sun wasn't so bright and my camera so slow.

We came across some vending machines where she found a neat place to store her water cup. I snapped a bunch of pictures and when we got home, I noticed one where she was checking the machine for forgotten change. Jeff says that it really shows her Dutch side! :)

This morning we went to Michaels and found a large tablet of scratch paper and some jumbo crayons for a dollar. Kaylee made her first bit of artwork in greens, oranges, and red. I think she had more fun tapping the crayons than actually coloring. I tried to point out to her that she was making marks on the paper, but I don't think it registered. Oh well. She was living in the moment and experiencing the crayons in a way most people don't take the time to do.

This afternoon we're going to go back and try the Children's Museum again. Now that she can actually walk she might have more fun.







"Oooooh!"















"Yeah!"




"Wow!"












"Mmmm.... Salty!"













"Is that my shadow I see?"














"Anything in here?"














"Oh cool, they've got my favorite!"















"Dad must have a lot of fun at work all day when he's got these great toys to play with!"















"I'm tired. Driver, take me home!"

No comments: