Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Little Tater-Tot

Here she is, my little tater tot in all her sweet potater goodness:
She can also be a little dictater these days. So I like to call her my little tater.

Kaylee had her first ear infection the day we brought Hudson home from the hospital. We lost the dispenser for her medicine, so we served it in this shot glass. She thought it was a lot of fun to drink out of this little glass. Normally, it's used to make shots of espresso - just FYI!

More please? See, it works!
I thought these photos were pretty funny. First because of her wardrobe. Whenever I let Kaylee decide what to wear it involves a swimsuit. In the first picture back there, she wore her pajama top, followed by not one, but two swimsuits, and no pants. Secondly, it just looks like she's had one too many in this second picture, don't you think?? Funny!


Kaylee likes to wear this hat backwards these days:

I don't know where she got the idea in her head, but it's adorable!
Kaylee does a few other adorable things these days. I love it when she runs from room to room and she lets her jowels hang loose. You can hear hear her mouth flapping as she runs "hobble...hobble...hobble..." with each step. I don't know how to write the sound, but it's really cute.

She also has a few new expressions that I really like. "My Goodness!" and "What doin?" I hear those all day long these days.

Looks like Kaylee's been getting about as much sleep as I have lately:

More tea please! And forget the decaf!!!

A few weeks ago we celebrated Kaylee's second birthday with a Blues Clues party!

I loved this cake. Kaylee didn't want to even try it. That's alright, more for me.
Kaylee was afraid of opening presents. She cried when we asked her to. But in her defense, she was also pretty tired that day. Once the presents were open, she really enjoyed them. So don't worry Shauna, she doesn't hate the outfit you got her!! :)

I got Kaylee a handy dandy notebook and planned to put pawprints on certain "clues" around the house, so when she got up from her nap, we could follow the clues to her birthday gift - which was a tricycle sitting outside. But it started to rain, so I figured we should hold off until maybe the next day. So the next morning Grandma is in the shower (where I had hidden the tricycle). Grandma set the bike on the bathroom floor. Unfortunately, Kaylee isn't shy about coming on in when you're in the bathroom. She came to see what "Maka" was doing, and found this neat bike. Grandma felt really bad that it happened that way - as if it were her fault or something - but i thought it was pretty funny.

So that's that for now. I've got two sleeping kids so I should really be trying to nap myself. I'm sure it won't last long!

No comments: