Monday, May 25, 2009

Hudson Tidbits


Yesterday I discovered that Hudson learned how to throw a ball. I always see him chasing after balls because they always get away from him. I thought it was because he wasn't coordinated enough to grab hold of them, so they roll away and he keeps crawling after it. But yesterday I noticed he was actually getting hold of them, rolling them backward off his palm and then crawling after them. I was so surprised and proud of him. He just sems to do stuff without us trying to teach him. I suppose he learns a lot just watching Kaylee play.

Today he blew me away when I came around a corner and saw him walking behind one of those walker toys! "WHAT?!! NO WAY!!", I think I said. Jeff said he got him to stand up behind it. At first he would look over the front and try to play with the gadgets on there. But soon he figured out he could use it to walk with and he was so excited. He squeals and laughs with utter delight as he walks back and forth. He can even stand up and sit down without it rolling away from him.

Hudson is all about food. He knows we're eating different foods than he is and he wants everything we're having. Cheerios can only keep him distracted for so long. So now I chop up most anything we eat and let him have some. He'll eat anything! Today he had turkey and cranberries all mashed up and he loved it. Last night I had to take away a pizza crust I had given him to chew on because he got a bit off and I didn't want him to choke. He got so mad - SO MAD - his face was red as can be and oh, he was MAD!!

Hudson is just a delight. I'm sure Kaylee was too at this age, but now I can appreciate and enjoy it as one of my favorite "baby stages". I don't know what it is, there's something different I think between a mom and her boy. I am just so smitten with him! He's got a lot of charm and charisma. He also has a very strong presence. I will look into his room as he's napping, and even in his sleep... I don't know how to explain it... he just owns his space... he occupies that crib... he just seems to have a strong presence wherever he is and whatever he's doing. That with the fact that he's so easy going and happy, makes him very charismatic and charming. I just love that little guy!

Both these kids are such a blessing from God.

2 comments:

Chris and Christina said...

i know what you mean about hudson's strong presence. we talk about forgetting that autumn is so small because she's such a big force! so much energy radiating from small packages.

Krista said...

Well I think most of that energy they suck right out of us!