Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Trip to Yellowstone - Day 2

Sorry it's taken so long to upload more pictures from our trip. I seem to have taken a LOT of crooked pictures. I not only needed to learn how to fix them, but I also needed the TIME to fix them.

On day 2 we hung around Coeur d'Alene. We got up and did some swimming in the pool (as soon as it was open!) The pool was nice - clean and warm. Afterwards we ate lunch and let the kids nap. This was the ONLY day we actually got our kids to nap in their beds at our condo. All other days they ended up sleeping in the car on the way from place to place. So it was nice for Jeff and I to have some quiet time together. Oh - did I mention it was Mother's Day? I got a nice card from my kids and also a gift certificate for a massage at a local spa!! I'm so excited. I've never had a massage before!

After the kids were up we decided to head into town. My dad told us about a big resort downtown that has a boardwalk all the way around it. It's also nearby a city park with a million smiles playground. He also pointed us to a fantastic restaurant that has really, really, really good pizza! ALMOST as good as Tommy J's...but not quite :)

Here's the boardwalk around the resort:



and here's the resort (this isn't where we stayed - just thought I'd take a picture of it for anyone who wants to retrace our steps next time they're in Coeur d'Alene. It was a great day for the little ones!) The resort has public parking behind it which was very cheap. I think we only paid $2 for the 3-4 hours we were there.
The park next to the resort has a lovely fountain:
a nice water front walkway:and a super huge playground!






Here's the spot we hit for dinner. Tito's Macaronis. Great pizza! They let Kaylee build her own pizza and we got to see them put it into the fire kiln. This place is only a couple blocks from the resort.
Whenever I look at this picture, I think of Hudson saying "Eh..Momma!"
The hat that wouldn't fit:
On anybody!
mmmmm.... look at that pizza!


At the end of the day we drove back to our condo and got some more good pool time in before bed. We REALLY enjoyed our stay in Coeur d'Alene. In the future, we'll probrably make this our final destination and spend a little more time there.

No comments: