Monday, May 25, 2009

Kaylee Tidbits

Yesterday we found a frog on our deck. I was listening to Kaylee talk to this frog: "Hi, how are you? What's your name?" (I've never heard her ask anyone their name before so that got my attention) I said "So, what's the frog's name?" "Two", she says. I wondered if she was thinking about how old she is. But then later that day we were on a walk and found an ant nest. She picks out one out of the hundreds and starts talking to it much the same way. I asked her what the ant's name was. "Three", she says. So we got a frog named Two and an ant named Three.

Kaylee is turning out to be quite the singer. I'm not saying she has a prodigal voice or anything - quite the contrary - but she just loves to sing. It's so fun now that she's learned some songs. I just LOVE listening to her sing. All those mispronounciations and off-key notes...it's so adorable. I'm not sure there's anything cuter than a little girl singing! Today at naptime she was singing "Jesus Loves Me" and making her monkey do the signs! Surprisingly enough, she always sings the second verse of Jesus Loves Me. That's the one that seems to stick with her.

No comments: