Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Little Stinker

He's sweet and charming, and so disarming.
But a twinkle in his eye gives truth to the lie,
Then he's off doing something alarming!

I just came up with that. Oh Hudson - I just love, love, love this little man. I'm so thankful to God for him. I love that he likes to help put things away. He especially likes to put the spoons from the dishwasher into the drawer. I love that he sometimes sits on my lap and lets me snuggle him for MINUTES at a time. Oh yes, that is good for my blood pressure!

But he's also a little rascal. Yesterday I scolded him when he decided to walk into the street. Not two minutes later he stood at the edge, looked me straight in the eye - as I sternly said "NO!" - and then with that outlawish grin went ahead full speed back into the street! That earned him another pat on the behind and no more being outside!

(Yes, Mom, I can see you smiling. She's laughing as she reads this because she remembers me sticking my toe over the line of the street and looking at her defiantly. Yes, it's pay back time!)

Hudson is starting his terrible two's a little early (he's only 14 months). Lately when he gets upset, he plops right down where he's at and throws himself to the floor, crying like there's no tomorrow. He wants to be held but he wants to be free. It's a tough time for the poor little guy.

Thankfully I know of a few things that can make him go from crying to perfectly content if not down right giddy. Give the boy some food, stick him in the tub, or take off his diaper and watch him streak off faster than the speed of light!

Yep, I sure do love that little stinker!

No comments: