Friday, October 9, 2009

Stoney Ridge Farm

Fall is my very, very favorite time of year. I love that we have a yearly tradition of visiting this farm for pumpkins, apples, animals and... donuts! Yes, this farm has donuts! I think I could get used to farm life, especially if it's a donut farm!


Waiting for the tractor... Last year Kaylee was too scared to go near the tractor. This year, she couldn't wait! Hudson is just drawn to anything that's loud, so he was no problem!
It didn't take long for Kaylee to find her special pumpkin.

Hudson can't wait to get down.

Typical... Kaylee likes the cute little ones. Hudson heads off full speed across the way to where all the big pumpkins are!

Our first ever corn maze:
It was all I ever dreamed of, and more...

Again, it's impossible to get a decent picture of Hudson. He's too busy to be bothered. He doesn't seem to care about anything but just going wherever he's going. Occasionally he'll stop, but only when there's some good dirt and rocks to be found.

Time to get mom & dad's pumpkins.




Here's our pumpkin family:


Then we got some apples.

Then it's back to the farm to see some animals.



Hmm....
Grandma K, this one's for you:
They had goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits, ponies, horses, cows, ducks, and peacocks.


This is why I don't usually let Jeff use the camera. Apparantly, this is more interesting to him:
Well, at least one of us thinks he's funny!
Last year a freak downpour forced us into this little bit of heaven. That's when I discovered the cider donuts.
Yummmmmm!!!
The last stop was the playground. I love letting the kids have fun outdoors getting as dirty as they please, then scrubbing them clean in the bath tub at the end of the day. There's just something so satisfying about that!
Kaylee climbed her first tree:
Then back to the car for lunch on the drive home. Hudson passed out about halfway and didn't even stir when I put him down to bed. When the kids wake up we'll have a pumpkin-washing party outside!
***Scratch that... Three hours later and those kids are still sleeping! I guess I'd better go wake them, as much as I'm enjoying this long reprieve. I just went outside and noticed we got a nice chill breeze coming out of the northeast. I think we'll leave the pumpkins as they are and put the kids in a nice warm bath instead!!***

No comments: