Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Updates

Kaylee has been growing so much lately - physically and personality-wise. She is a great big sister. She likes to hold Hudson and read him stories:


It's been really fun to watch her with other kids. Matthew is the first friend that she'll run off and play with without any moms needing to participate. They play together very well and seem to know what the other is saying - even when we can't. I find that extremely fascinating!

Poor Hudson. I had to snap a picture after wrapping him up in Kaylee's flower towel. I hope someday he'll forgive me.
Hudson has had longer wake times lately, so it's been fun to interact with him more and discover bits and peices about him. Mostly he's a very happy, contented kid. It seems like he's a real people person. He quiets right up when someone picks him up or comes to talk to him, making eye contact. He is quick to smile and has even started to coo and laugh. Just now he is laying beside me and stomping his little feet out of sheer excitement - I love how he does that, it's so cute! He gave a big "inhale laugh" and said "coo-goo!". Ah, be still my heart!
At his two month checkup he was weighing 15 pounds, 9 ounces. A week and a half before he was 14 pounds, 6 ounces. That might give you an idea of just how fast he's growing! He's in the 95th percentile for weight and he's in 3-6 months clothing already!
He started sleeping through the night consistently this week - for the record I believe he is 10 weeks old. YEAH!!!!! The next challenge now is to get him to bed sooner. As it is, I can't get him down for the night until 10 or 11 o'clock. I'm not going to complain though... it's so nice to get uninterrupted sleep!


When Kaylee paints, she always ends up with a very colorful paint tray. I think they are beautiful works of art in themselves and will have to start collecting them! I just thought this was a neat picture.
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention about Kaylee. I've been really impressed with the way she notices letters when we're out and about. She seems able to recognize both capital and lower case letters and more often these days. I don't write this to brag, but just so I remember and can later compare with Hudson.
Up next - our trip to Whistler, B.C.

No comments: