Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Madness

I was determined to have a perfect fall family day at Stoney Ridge farm. Jeff's parents are visiting and we figured this would be a great time to go. Problem 1 - Jeff had to work. Problem 2 - Kaylee is afraid of tractors and pumpkins and getting her hand stamped and many other things. Problem 3 - WIND AND RAIN.

The day started out beautiful. Patches of sun and cloud. A balmy, breezy 70 degrees. Leaves flying in the air. By the time naptime was over and we got up to Stoney Ridge farm, we had only 20 minutes to explore before the rain and wind came...

We saw bunnies and horses and cows and ducks and sheep and pigs and goats and donkeys and turkeys and peacocks!
Here comes the wind and rain!
We quick dove into the nearest shelter. (Un)Fortunately it was the donut shop on the farm. Who knew farms had donut shops?!
Here's Kaylee waiting for her sweet treat. She's been working on that apple since this morning!


Hudson was around too...but he was sleeping and mostly hiding under my jacket. Here's a more recent picture of him. I got a great shot of him smiling on my mother-in-law's camera. I'll post it as soon as I get it downloaded!

Hopefully we'll get back to the farm later this month when Jeff has some time and we can pick out our pumpkins and also a bunch of apples. But I won't have my mother-in-law here to help make the applesauce and pie filling :(

No comments: