Friday, January 9, 2009

Getting Crafty

Oops, I forgot that the pictures post in the opposite order that you select them. Oh well, I'm not going to go back and reload them. I'll just have to get to the crafty stuff later.

One day I didn't give Kaylee a choice. I put her hair in a ponytail and boy was it cute! This is the best picture I could get of her. I don't know why, but she doesn't like me to mess with her hair. She wants it loose and free.
Here's Hudson modeling one of the new shirts I made for him. I found these iron-ons at Joanns and thought they were very cute. This one says "Priceless":

Here are some others:


I've also gotten excited about knitting again. I always get really into knitting and then I get busy with other things. I have so many hats and scarves that are unfinished. Every time I have to relearn how to purl. Now I'm committed to knitting a pair of pants for Hudson and also a baby sweater. We'll see how that goes. I'll post some pictures along the way just so I can feel the added pressure of finishing them for my "audience". :)
Kaylee is starting to branch out into other mediums. I introduced her to glue this week. At first she didn't grasp that glue was not paint or a marker, but that it was used to get two things to stick together. Her first piece was a page of dried glue. After that she started to figure it out. She also tried scissors, but she's not quite there yet. She can cut using two hands, but then she wants to hold the paper as well (mommy can't hold it for her), so it doesn't work out too well. She really needs a third hand.


This past week we've finally gotten over our colds (they lasted three weeks!). We're finally getting into a routine again and it feels good. I get up at 5 to exercise (and make coffee), Kaylee is up at 5:45, and Hudson gets up at 7. Hudson takes a short morning and evening nap and a longer afternoon nap. I've been so fortunate this last week to get Hudson and Kaylee napping at the same time.
Hudson and Kaylee just adore each other. Kaylee comes with me to get Hudson up in the morning. He's usually laying there awake and then just lights up when he sees her. They get each other laughing and smiling all the time - it's so precious!
Hudson is working hard on learning to sit up by himself. We practice everyday. He's really close. He can sit for quite a while before tipping too far or overcorrecting. I also think he's ready to start trying solids. It's so funny the way he lunges... LUNGES! for my food when he's on my lap.
Oh... he's growing so fast. :( But he's just a joy. Sometimes Kaylee is a bit of a... a-hem... challenge? Especially after nap time. Some days it's really hard to deal with. It's nice to have Hudson's big smile and happy attitude to pick me up in the midst of one of Kaylee's "moments". Plus it seems that Hudson is the only one able to really get Kaylee out of her challenging moment. She can't help but smile and laugh when Hudson is smiling at her.
Hudson has his moments too. He has a hard time going to sleep at night. I think he just gets a little too tired or a little too stimulated. It's not a quiet house and he seems to need a quiet, calm environment. We usually need to sit with him in his room for a while and help him get to sleep. Other times of the day he is good at soothing himself to sleep and he usually goes down for naps without even a fuss. It's just the night that's difficult. Hey, if that's the only challenge, then I'd say I'm pretty lucky!!! Yes, I am very blessed. Both my kids are wonderful in their own way and I'm loving every moment with them.
Kaylee and I are starting to talk more about our day. I try to get her talking about what is on her mind. Trying to find out what she dreams about. Trying to get her to pray for things herself. It's a fun time with Kaylee. I like her age. She's ready to learn all sorts of new things - how to dress, how to brush teeth and hair, how to help mommy clean the house, how to pick up her toys. She's also coming into an age where she can do more with crafts. I look forward to that.
Well, speaking of routines. It's quarter after 7 and I'd better get Hudson up for the day!

No comments: