Monday, August 24, 2009

Vancouver Zoo

This is how we roll!
Jeff had the day off today and it was the PERFECT day to head up to the Greater Vancouver Zoo. (as opposed to the Lesser Vancouver Zoo which is near downtown and there are some strange looking people on the sidewalks!)
This cute and fuzzy little guy greeted us soon after we arrived. I love hearing a lion roar. It's certainly unmistakable. He walked around and "barked" at his lady friends. This is as close as I ever want to be to a lion!
Another highlight for me was this other cat - the cheeta. I couldn't get enough of her. Jeff and the kids went ahead and I took a zillion pictures of this gal. I'm not actually sure if it's a gal or guy, but sometimes you just gotta pick one and stick with it.
Isn't she cute?
And isn't she cute, too?
And isn't he cute too?
Hudson was confined most of the trip, but Kaylee certainly got her excercise!
Nice camel shot here.
We ate lunch by the camels and then headed to the playground so our kids could get extremely dusty and dirty. Before we left we had to go say hello to the giraffes.
This "little" one is the baby. I don't think you're supposed to pet them, but I couldn't resist that soft muzzle.
That is, until it opened it's mouth and tried to lick me! YIKES!
Check this out. No, that lady doesn't have a beer gut. She's quite pregnant.
These Canadian women are a hardy bunch!

No comments: