Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Hudson Report

Hudson has been walking in earnest now since last week. I'm still not used to it. When I hear little feet coming up behind me I turn, expecting to see Kaylee, and am always surprised that it's Hudson.

One time I was in the bedroom and he comes walking in with a shoe - my shoes - in each hand. He had brought them all the way from the other end of the house. I was actually getting us ready to leave the house. He must've known I would need my shoes. What a little helper!

Yesterday I was sitting in Kaylee's room and he comes walking by the door. He looked over and saw me. His face lit up and he ran over to me and gave me a big hug. That was a first. What a great moment!
Today Hudson started signing. I haven't been as consistent with teaching him signs as I was with Kaylee. Probrably because I don't seem to have my hands free as much these days. Today however, he started signing "more" and "please". I guess he really liked my banana bread! (Little does he know I made it with whole wheat and added flax seed meal and spinach puree.) It was neat to see him sign.
He has a few words now too. He's had them for a while, but I don't think I've written about it. His first word was "out". At least that's how it sounds to us. He says it a lot and he always races for the door whenever it's opened. It's starting to give me a complex. His second word was "mama" (YES!). This is great because Kaylee always said "dada" and never "mama". I always thought it was a little unfair. Hudson also says 'dada' now as well. But before that, his third word (or phrase) was "uh-oh". Hmmm... maybe he hears me say that a lot. Next he made his Daddy proud by learning a quote from the movie "Wall-E". He copies Mo when he says "whoa-wa-wa-wa-whoa whoa whoa!". Jeff and his brothers are always quoting movies, so it's really cute that Hudson has already started. And finally, closely related to the last one, Hudson also says "no no no", really, really well. He knows what it means too. He also shakes his head "no" in a very big and funny way.

No comments: