Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hiking

Tuesday was a lovely day. After Hudson's morning nap we decided to head out for a hike and picnic lunch with the kids. My favorite trail has always been Chuckanaut Ridge, but the road that takes you up there has been closed all summer due to some washouts. Since we were pushing the jogging stroller we figured this road would make a good trail for us, especially since it ends at a nice lookout spot.

Here's hiker Kaylee. She has boundless energy! She gathered quite a collection of sticks within the first 5 minutes.
There have been some improvements since we last were there. There is a bathroom, three picnic tables on cement slabs, and this sign:
To help figure out this view:
The view was worth the climb!
Time for lunch.
I made Jeff take my picture because very occasionally I like to make an appearance on this blog. After lunch the kids discovered the parking area was a virtual sandbox. I liked looking up and watching the clouds roll over the ridge, seemingly right over our heads. Once they got out over the water a little ways they would dissipate. The way the clouds curled over, they made me think of elephant valley curves on a Mandelbrot set (fractal talk).
Here's one of the reasons they blocked off the road... yikes!
Hudson got his afternoon nap in on the way back down. I could hear his little baby snores. So cute!

No comments: