Monday, September 14, 2009

Kamping at the KOA

This was our home sweet home for the weekend. "Kabin" number 6... my lucky number. We had wonderful weather. The mornings were cool...the kind of cool that you have to put on your sweater and wool socks. But as soon as the sun popped up over the mountains, it was suddenly quite warm...the kind of warm where you're stripping back down to a t-shirt and digging through your bag to find your deodorant.

Here's the easterly view from our front porch swing:
I know that staying in a cabin sounds kind of like cheating when it comes to camping. But let me just say that most people nowadays stay in air conditioned RV's with satelite TV. At least in the cabin we were without running water and had to contend with massive spiders!
So... our "new house" (as Kaylee calls it) had two rooms. The front room had my bed, a shelf, a chair, some pegs on the walls and some windows. The back room has two sets of bunk beds, a bench, a shelf, and a window.

I am only Type A when I am camping. If I'm at the campsite I'm usually cleaning and reorganizing everything. I don't know why I can't just sit down and relax.

Kaylee and Hudson never seem to sit down and relax either. But they were quite entertained with the porch swing, the step, and the many spectacular rocks around the cabin.



This campground is really catered to families with young children. They have a swimming pool, hot tub, and a kiddie pool. There is a playground, a mini-golf course, and a huge bouncy pillow thing.
The first night I set up the telescope after putting the kids down. I looked at Jupiter and its moons and also at the Andromeda galaxy. Jeff was able to come down the second evening and join us for the potluck with everyone else from our church who was there. He had to work the next day so he wasn't able to stay long. It's nice that the campground isn't too far from home.
The morning we left I snapped a picture of Hudson chasing after his shadow. I wish I had some video of it. It was quite funny.

No comments: