Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baby Kaylee

I just found a list I made two years ago for Kaylee's babysitter. I'm amazed at how much she's changed. She would've been just the age that Hudson is now.

"Kaylee's Favorite Things (or things to distract her is she is cranky):
* Eating rice cereal. She will fight for control of the spoon! (Hudson is the same way!)
* Take a bath - both my kids could live in the bath!
* Favorite toys - a bear that will count and say the ABC song if you squeeze its hands, V-smile baby, a red sippy cup and her green blanket. Yeah, I think I'll start Hudson on a sippy cup this week.
* Watching Mom play Bejeweled - I let her pound on the keyboard while I play.
* Mirrors"

I also wrote:
"She hates changing clothes - but she loves sitting up on her changing table - so I dress her sitting up and it goes a lot easier"

On the back I listed all her favorite things:
- paper
- pounding on the window and keyboard
- wash cloths
- baths
- "Jesus Loves Me"
- "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
- watching Mom try to dance
- walks in the stroller
- apparantly this pen!
- sippy cups and pacifiers as toys
- tags on toys
- links
- "Snuggle Puppy" - book and song
- water bottles
- laser pointer light on the ceiling
- camera bag strap
- toys that sing or talk

"2/4/07 - Super Bowl Sunday - It seems like Kaylee is trying to pick her shadow off the floor. She grabs at the carpet and then looks at her hands."

I have little notes tucked away in a box of all her "firsts", thinking I'd get them into a scrapbook. I'm finding I'm not much of a scrapbooker. So maybe I should dig them out and record them on this blog.

No comments: