Monday, February 9, 2009

Depoe Bay

We are currently at our time share down in Depoe Bay, OR. It's spectacular! We have a spacious 3 bedroom unit that is very well laid out. All three bedrooms are separated from each other. It makes it nice for when you have crying babies! We are here with our friends Jason and Darlene and their three kids.

The master room has french doors, a king size bed, a closet the size of a small room, a jet tub, and sliding doors that walk out onto a patio. Outside the window is the most wonderful view of the ocean.

There is about twenty feet of lawn, then a fence, then a rocky cliff down about 30-40 feet to the crashing waves. I'll have some pictures to post when we get home.

I love sitting here listening to the surf, watching the waves rise, curl and crash. It's amazing to me how something so strong and fast could looks so slow and graceful from up here.

Right now it's snowing. Large fluffy flakes. Everyone left to go to the aquarium in town. Hudson and I are staying home because I became sick quite suddenly this morning. For now, the pain in my stomach is lessened and I can relax here watching the water and the snow while Hudson is contentedly playing on the floor.

Out this window I have watched the setting sun lighting up some billowy clouds out at sea, a nearly full moon lighting up the dark waters below, and this morning a double rainbow graced the misty air above the turbulent waters. Maybe that was God's way of assuring me after I lay awake thinking about tsunamis last night! (yeah, I'm a bit paranoid) I sat and watched with amazement how quickly the ocean changes. The subtle hues that change the mood of the whole scene. Green and dark blue in a quiet moment.... orange with the rising sun peeking out of a cloud... then in a blink, flat cold grey as the clouds envelope the sun. Just as quickly, that cold grey becomes lively blue when the afternoon sun comes out, enhancing the contrast of the white waves - bright, beautiful and inviting.

I also watched the sea gulls get all flustered and scatter off in every direction. I wondered what was going on. Then I was thrilled by two bald eagles soaring past the window.

Sometimes it's a blessing to be stuck in bed. Especially with a view like this!


**UPDATE**
Jeff and Kaylee just came back. The roads are already pretty snowy and slippery. He didn't think it was worth risking anything else happening - with all the car trouble we've had lately. I'm glad he decided to come back. We may just get snowed in down here!

**ANOTHER UPDATE**
Jason & Darlene came back too. I guess the roads were pretty slick. In a matter of hours however, the sun came out, the snow melted away and we had a beautiful afternoon. What crazy weather!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, but you seem to be making the most of it! Sounds beautiful with the snow. We've stayed there once and loved it. I hope you feel better real soon. Have a safe drive home!