Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hudson Update

Poor little guy. I only have one new picture of him. Well, he just kinda lays there a lot, so pictures tend to all look alike.

But he's sure growing fast, look!

At his 2 month check up, he was already 15 pounds! He's starting to get those little lines at his wrists from all the pudge. I love it!

I also love those g-diapers! You just push a little lining in them which are completely flushable. And if you're out and about and can't flush them, they decompose within ten days, so that makes me feel good. I still use the regular disposables at night just because I don't like to change diapers in the middle of the night and the g-diapers tend to leak a lot more if they go too long.

I think Hudson will be an early teether. Quite the opposite of Kaylee who didn't get her first tooth until she was a year old. The last week or so he's been drooling like a faucet and some days extremely fussy. He seems congested and a little warm. He could have a cold, but the drooling makes me think it could be teething.

Normally however, he is just the sweetest baby. I love it when Kaylee is napping and he and I can have some time to ourselves. He is nothing but smiles and his smile just makes my day! I also can get him to laugh already. He has one of those "inhale laughs" which is so infectious!

About a month ago (around 2 months) he found his hands... or I should say they found each other. Now he brings them together and looks at them. Then he brings them to his mouth. He likes to suck on his fingers. Again, teething?? He loves it when I hold his hands and move them around as we sing "goo goo, ga ga!" (a little one I made up myself. pretty creative, right?)

I started reading books to him yesterday. He really seemed to like it. He was all smiles and his eyes got really big as I showed him the pictures and read the little rhymes.

Well blogging time is over. Kaylee is up from her nap and watching the "Kaylee show" - our videos of the last year that Jeff is editing together - and Hudson is also awake now.

Back to reality...

No comments: