Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sunday Fun

The last two Sundays have brought us much needed family time and fun. Two weeks ago, I was trying my hardest to get everyone ready for church in the morning, but one thing after another kept happening and I just knew we were going to be late...very late. All week I had thoughts of going down to the Seattle Aquarium and that morning seemed like it was the right day to go. I was surprised when Jeff had suggested it. It had been on his mind as well. Instantly the stress of time pressure just fell off us both and we went about getting ready to have a day trip to Seattle.

The kids both traveled very well and we had a great time!

above: Jeff and Kaylee checking out the Windows on Washington Waters exhibit.

My favorite is the octopus. I just LOVE octopi! I even have a recording of a Discovery special called "The Amazing Octopus" - I think I might have to dig that out today.

This is how Kaylee measures up to a great white shark. Yeah...I don't think we'll be swimming in the ocean any time soon!
This is the last picture I could take before my camera died! Here we are eating our "lunch" outside the aquarium. The sun sets so early these days. What a gorgeous sight back there! I wish I had just a little more energy from that battery so I could've taken a sunset picture. Oh well.
This past Sunday we made it to church, no problem! We even had time to pick up a friend in Ferndale on the way. It was a wonderful sunny, chilly autumn day and I brought along all our warm coats in the hopes of going to the "swing slide park" after church.
Here's a view of Lynden's "Million Smiles Park".
Jeff says that it lost a smile when I went the wrong way on a one-way getting to the parking lot. Now it only has 999,999 smiles :(

Kaylee found a stick right away. She had so much fun with that stick, we almost couldn't get her into the actual playground! Lately, she likes sticks.

Here we are too.




Hudson doesn't look terribly happy here, but he's actually incredibly relaxed. He loves to swing! He's a swingin' fool!

No comments: