Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mooncakes

Today I was reading Kaylee a book called Mooncake by Frank Asch. He's turning out to be one of her favorite authors. Hmm... maybe I should've put that on her top 10 list. Oh well. After the 2nd reading when she asked me to read it AGAIN, I suggested that we go make mooncakes instead.

She was all excited and out the door looking for her mooncakes before I could even get out of her bed.

At first I planned to make a batch of play dough, but then I thought maybe we could try making this:

Divinity...hereafter known as Mooncakes!

So we had a cup of tea and ate our mooncakes.

I'm not sure the mooncakes turned out to be what she was expecting. Kaylee had to study them first to see how they were to be eaten. First, she asked me to "open" them. So I picked it up and took a bite for her.
Then she thought she should try it this way:
Kaylee has her own peculiar ways of drinking tea also. Usually she drinks with a spoon. Then she swishes the tea in her mouth. I even spied her pouring the tea on her plate and sucking it off.


Alright, looks like she's going to pick up that mooncake and go for it!

Candy making isn't easy. You really have to follow directions EXACTLY. My first batch didn't turn out. It ended up a thick, sticky pink soup!



Really, REALLY sticky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually don't write comments but just so you know, I love to read your blog and love the great pictures! I have many laughs that stay with me a long time. Thanks for sharing your lives with us. Love, Grandma L