Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas


We had a wonderful, cozy Christmas all snow-in our home. Church was cancelled because of snow and since most of us all have colds, we figured we'd just stay in today. It is Jeff's last day of vacation before he needs to go back to work. It's going to be hard for all of us to adjust to him being gone all day again, but we're grateful for the time we had together!
We had a lazy morning and ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We opened the kids' presents after that and played a bit before naptime. Kaylee loved all her gifts and pretty much all of Hudson's gifts too! :)
My favorite time of the day was when the sun came out and we bundled up our kids to go play in the snow. Kaylee doesn't like to be in the snow. She doesn't like anything on her, be it sand, dirt, water, or snow. She also didn't appreciate being pulled on the sled. But Hudson and I loved it. I bundled Hudson up and wrapped him in a blanket then held him on my lap as Jeff pulled the sled up and down the street. It was so fun for me and Hudson seemed to like it as well. I wished Kaylee would sit with me also, but she just isn't ready for that.
Hudson has been just adorable lately. He is "talking" all the time in that sweet little baby voice of his. I know boys are typically slower than girls in many areas of development, but I think he'll be an early talker. He seems to have a lot to say. He also gets really excited about toys lately. He reaches and leans. His arms start swingin and his legs get kickin. Sometimes his arms get whippin around so fast, I think he looks like some kind of ninja!
Kaylee has been developing in her speech. She is starting to have full sentences even if some of the words are slurred together. It's fun to hear the thoughts that come into her head. Last night she was up and out of her room at 3:00 and when I put her back to bed she told me that my "jammies are nice" and "they're really pretty". It was so sweet of her to compliment me, it made being up at 3 a.m. a little less awful.
It was hard not to go to church on Christmas day. As they say "Jesus is the reason for the season", and it doesn't feel quite like Christmas without celebrating with our church family. But we had our devotions at home and I spent many moments today and in these past weeks pondering these joyous things in my heart.
I pray you also have a very blessed Christmas!

No comments: