Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fun in the Sun

My daffodils were wilting already and it was such a nice sunny day, I had to go back.
I tried to take some good pictures, but it's hard when one kid has hair in her eyes all the time and the other is way past a nap time.

But I thought I'd include a bunch anyway. I am indecisive.

Kaylee was having the time of her life there.
I think she had just as much, if not more fun here than at the park!

I noticed Kaylee was doing some gardening of her own.
She would find a leaf...
and a fresh mound of dirt (aka mole hill)...

and plant that leaf in the ground!

I believe she could do this for hours!
And I would've let her if Hudson wasn't hours past his naptime.


Sorry, I took a LOT of pictures.
Here's my little boy in blue:

Below I think Kaylee is saying "The hills are alive...with the sound of music!"
I like this shot:


Well what's new with the kids?
Hudson is very close to crawling (still). He gets up on his hands and knees but gets really mad when he goes backwards instead of forwards. He's always reaching for my fingers so he can stand up and do some walking instead. He just assumes my fingers will be there for him! :) And he's right, they usually are.
I like to refer to him as my little whale. His "talking" is mostly high pitched squeals. I squeal to him and he squeals back. We have long conversations. It's the cutest sound and he seems to think I'm pretty funny.
Kaylee has learned some songs and sings quite regularly. She sings the ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, the Itsy Bitsy Spider... what else? I just think she has the sweetest little voice. There's nothing quite as adorable as listening to your little girl sing her first songs - especially the parts she doesn't know - or thinks she knows - and says funny things in place of the right words. I love that! The best part is I can say "again" and she'll keep going and going. As soon as I get the video camera out though, she clams up. I need to get that recorded somehow. That's one memory I don't want to fade.
Kaylee has a best friend, Matthew. He comes over for play dates once a week and they also see each other at church. She used to be very shy in nursery and would sometimes just sit by herself. Now she rushes in and looks for her friend. They run to each other and she cries "Hey Matthew!" When they walk around, she always holds his hand. Oh, it's so cute!!!
Alright, that's all for now. It seems we all came down with a nasty cold. I feel dreadful and hope to get a nap in while the kids are both sleeping.

No comments: