Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random-ness

My Dad used to (and maybe still does) refer to me as "the Random Child". So, true to form I will post some random pictures and report some random happenings in our lives recently.

Sometimes Kaylee likes to brush teeth just for fun. Fun... brushing teeth? I like how kids open our minds to finding fun in just about anything!

Hudson is counting to 30 while Kaylee and I go hide. Um... okay, just kidding.

Jeff and I have been doing some major outdoor springtime projects. I got the deck and one section of fence power washed and stained. We got dirt for the garden and mulch for the flower beds. Jeff got that all spread out and it's looking really nice.
I got my garden planted. Some things I'm staggering so that I'll sow more seeds in two week increments. I've got strawberries and blueberries, onions, carrots, corn, watermelon, pumpkin, potatoes, brocolli, asparagus, lettuce, sugar snap peas, beans, cucumber, tomatoes and bell peppers! WHEW - I never realized how much could go into one small garden! Now I just need to build the trellises.

Oh yes, I forgot I also have one pot of chives and garlic, and another of sweet peas (the flower, not more peas!)

No comments: