Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peek-a-Boo

Hudson is growing SO fast! Yesterday he started crawling. Actually he hasn't made much more progress along those lines. He crawled a few paces again today, but mostly he cried when I wouldn't come to him and let him "finger walk" instead.

A few days ago I dared to see how he would do eating crackers and cheerios... his first really solid food. Up until now I had been giving him soggy cheerios and putting crackers into one of those net thingys that they suck the food out of. He doesn't seem to have any problems with mashing up that food in his mouth and I believe his drool could mush up even the hardiest solids.

Today he started to play hide and seek with me. When I lay him down in bed we play with his blankie for a bit. Today he would pull the blankie up over his face and I'd say "Where's Hudson?" then he'd pull it down really quick and laugh as I said "Peek a Boo!" He did this over and over every time I laid him down today. I think he could do it ALL DAY LONG if I let him. I just love how easy it is to make babies laugh... how the simplest things are hilarious to them.

I took a little video of Hudson tonight, trying to see if I could capture his Peek-a-boo game. He got distracted by the camera though and started wildly flapping his blankie over his head and down again. I did get a little laugh out of him and even a snort. Yep, sometimes if he laughs hard enough, he'll snort. Just like his Mamma! :) I'll see if Jeff can capture some of the video and I'll post it here later.

No comments: