Friday, March 27, 2009

Coupla Thoughts

Tonight my dear husband watched the kids so I could go peruse the Christian bookstore in peace and quiet. It was a strange combination of utter bliss and feeling a bit empty handed. It was enjoyable, but also a little disturbing.

I'll tell you why. I never become so acutely aware of how many issues I have until I walk through the Christian bookstore. I walk up and down every aisle looking at books thinking, "I could use that!" and "Boy, do I ever need that!" If the prices weren't so high I could come home with armloads of books from there! As it turned out I just settled on one small book that seemed to sum it all up for me. It's called "Work in Progress, An Unfinished Woman's Guide to Grace" by Kristin Armstrong. Anyone else read it?

The other thing that struck me was the number of books about raising boys. You don't see any of them about girls. It's either about kids in general or boys specifically. Why is that I wonder? My curiosity is piqued.

No comments: