Friday, March 20, 2009

Hudson Happenings

Hudson is growing into the sweetest guy imaginable. I can't wait to see what he'll be like as a man. If these past 7 months are an indication - he's going to be a rare gem to be sure! He's got a gentleness about him. There's nothing more compelling - I believe - than a strong man with gentle ways. It's almost magical. And boy is he sweet! He's so quick to smile. Ladies in the nursery always say he's quite a flirt.

One of the best parts of my day is getting Hudson up out of bed. Usually the first thing he does is grab tight with his arms around my neck and it feels as though he's giving me a big hug.

A few of Hudson's favorite things lately are my hair - he loves to pull on and play with my hair. In that way, he isn't gentle. He might grab gently, but once that hand clamps down he can pull my hair clean out if I don't watch it! Sometimes I set him down in the sunlight and he tries to grab at the shadows on the floor. He has two very favorite toys. One is a hairbrush. I don't know, maybe he has a hair fettish? He loves holding it, turning it around and exploring all the different textures. Yes, I really think it's more of a texture thing. He seems to really like textures of all kinds. He still plays with his socks and any clothing he can grab hold of. His other favorite toy is one that he plays with in the bath. It's a simple blue plastic scoop that has holes in it for sifting sand. When he's in the tub I can offer all other sorts of toys -which may distract him for a minute - but soon he's back with his blue sifter. He's a simple man, with simple tastes, and for that I love him all the more!

I got him his first pair of blue jeans the other day. Oh man, they make him look so much older!

The last thing I'll say is that I think he'll be starting to crawl in another month. He'll often pick his whole upper body off the floor with his straight arms. A few times he's gotten to his knees as well. I try to make him do "floor exercises" everyday. Kaylee started crawling at 8 months. She probrably could've crawled sooner, but she needed the right motivation. For her it was having Grandpa there - to crawl away from because she was so shy! Maybe for Hudson we'll need Grandpa there to crawl towards, because he's so outgoing!

No comments: