Monday, March 2, 2009

Eating Strategy

Hudson is almost 7 months old and has been experimenting with solids for about a month now. It's interesting to me the differences between my two kids. I have some video below that I took when Kaylee first started eating solids. I should take some of Hudson too. I'm just usually in such a scramble to get him his food.

Hudson's strategy is to scrunch up his face, turn beet red and start whining like a dog as soon as he gets into the high chair up to the point where I get a spoon in his mouth. (By the sound of him, you'd think he was wasting away) Then he clamps onto the spoon, shoves it in his mouth and won't let go no matter how hard I yank. After a while he gets distracted. I sign "more" and he practically throws the spoon to the floor looking for more.

Kaylee was much calmer in the chair, but extremely focused. (see below)

No comments: