Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Finger Walking

Well grandmas and grandpas - the day is quickly approaching when your little Hudson will be walking around on his own two feet!

Just like Kaylee, he has learned to finger walk before crawling.

The past few days I've been working on it with him, but I wasn't sure if he was "getting" the fact that moving his feet in that manner actually gets him from point A to point B. Well yesterday at bath time, he got really excited as he usually does. By the time I get the water temp right and get Kaylee ready to go in, he's somehow made it over to my leg and clinging to it with a death grip! I'm sure I could walk all over the house and he wouldn't fall off. :) Once I pried him off, he impatiently endured me getting his clothes off for the bath. Finally he grabbed my fingers and shot up on his legs like a rocket. Before I knew what was happening his little feet started moving and he was at the tub, holding onto the egde and actually lifting a leg in an effort to get in. I guess you can say, he loves the bath!

It's such a fun stage and it's so delightful to both Jeff and I to help him along in that way. I still don't think it will be long when he can crawl too. He holds himself up pretty well, but he ends up going backwards. I just love that scrunched up face he gets when he does that. It's not unlike the face he made during the famous sippy cup incident.

No comments: